Become an Inventory Professional
Course Date: 4th & 5th July 2020
Available spaces: 5
****DUE TO CURRENT CIRCUMSTANCES THIS COURSE WILL NOW BE A FULLY INTERACTIVE, LIVE, VIDEO LINKED PROGRAM, UTILISING THE AMAZING TECHNOLOGY WE HAVE TO EMBRACE****
This course will be conducted via video conferencing with our live tutor. It will be a fully interactive course where candidates can ask questions and discuss topical issues. All course material will be emailed to candidates.
The course is aimed at new and inexperienced clerks and people thinking of becoming an inventory clerk. This is also ideal for any new Associate Members, or indeed any other colleagues or interested parties who wish to gain more confidence in their reporting ability.
Start time: 10:00am (both days)
Finish time: 4:00pm (both days)
- An introduction to inventory reporting
- The basics of an inventory report
- Tools of the trade
- How to read a variety of meters
- Understanding and identifying legal compliance issues
- The inventory report – including layouts and key information required on every report.
- ‘Say what you see’ – including the AIIC’s basic description formula
- Comprehensive practice and exercises to hone your descriptive skills
- The check in process
- How to handle tenants and situations effectively
- The theory behind check outs
- The check out inspection – identifying the issues room by room and how to spot ‘hidden’ damage
- The check out report – including layouts and key information required on every report.
- Damage assessment – guidance on apportioning liability, lifespan limitations of items
- What constitutes fair wear and tear, tenant liability and a landlord issue
- How to handle additions and comments on inventory reports
- Overview of the Tenancy Deposit Scheme
- The business of being an inventory clerk
You will receive a 50% discount from your first years membership on successful competition of this course.
Dates and Location of Future Course 4th & 5th July 2020.
Should delegates be unable to attend a booked course, they are able to transfer onto the next available course date, or request a full refund up to 14 working days prior to the course start date by formally notifying the AIIC in writing via email.
We regret to advise that refunds cannot be provided for non attendance if 14 days written notice has not been given, prior to the course start date.
No shows and or non attendance for any reason is not refundable or changeable to another date, unless we have had the 14 days written notice.
Please also note our annual membership, as independent unbiased clerks, is not open to anyone in or affiliated to in anyway estate agents, property management or letting agency work, jobs, careers or ownership. There must not be any connections to the taking of fees for tenant finding, property managing or rent collections from landlords etc etc.
We fully reserve the right to change the venue if required. We fully reserve the right to change the format of the course in anyway.
No AIIC member should carry out their own inventory reports on there own properties.
This course was based at Building 3, North London Business Park, Oakleigh Road South, New Southgate, London, N11 1NP.