Become an Inventory Professional
Course Date: 8th & 9th February 2020
3 in stock
The course is aimed at new and inexperienced clerks and also persons thinking of becoming an inventory clerk. It would also be ideal for any new Associate Members, or indeed any other colleagues or interested parties.
This course is based at Building 3, North London Business Park, Oakleigh Road South, New Southgate, London, N11 1NP.
Start time: 10:00am (both days)
Finish time: 4:00pm (both days)
- The basics of inventory work
- Tools of the trade
- How to read a variety of meters
- Basic legal guidelines
- How to compile an inventory
- ‘Say what you see’ – including the AIIC’s basic description formula
- Comprehensive practice exercises to hone your descriptive skills
- The Check In process
- How to handle tenants and situations effectively
- The do’s and don’t of inventory updates
- Check Out Basics
- The Check Out Inspection – identifying the danger areas room by room and how to spot ‘hidden’ damage
- The Check Out Report – including layouts and key information required on every report. What a check out report is, and what it isn’t
- Damage assessment – including compensation formulas for minor & major damage, lifespan limitations of items in and around the home, and when to tell the difference between tenants liability, landlords maintenance or fair wear and tear
- How to handle complaints
- Introduction to Tenant Deposit Scheme Guidelines
- The business of being an inventory clerk
You will receive a 50% discount from your first years membership on successful competition of this course.
Dates and Location of Future Course 8th & 9th February 2020.
Should delegates be unable to attend a booked course, they are able to transfer onto the next available course date, or request a full refund up to 7 working days prior to the course start date by formally notifying the AIIC in writing via email.
We regret to advise that refunds cannot be provided for non attendance if 7 days written notice has not been given, prior to the course start date.
No shows and or non attendance for any reason is not refundable or changeable to another date, unless we have had the 7 days written notice.
We are not in any responsible for allergies or the food provided. (Food is provided). Please do bring your own food is you have special dietary requirements.
Please also note our annual membership, as independent unbiased clerks, is not open to anyone in or affiliated to in anyway estate agents, property management or letting agency work, jobs, careers or ownership. There must not be any connections to the taking of fees for tenant finding, property managing or rent collections from landlords etc etc.
We fully reserve the right to change the venue if required.
No AIIC member should carry out their own inventory reports on there own properties.