Guidelines for Inventory Professionals
Course Date: 7TH & 8TH OCTOBER 2017
Available spaces: 5
The course is aimed at new and inexperienced clerks and also persons thinking of becoming an inventory clerk. It would also be ideal for any new Associate Members, or indeed any other colleagues or interested parties.
This course is based at The Holiday Inn, Barnet bypass, Borehamwood, Hertfordshire, United Kingdom, WD6 5PU.
Start time: 10:00am (both days)
Finish time: 4:00pm (both days)
- The basics of inventory work
- Tools of the trade
- How to read a variety of meters
- Basic legal guidelines
- How to compile an inventory
- ‘Say what you see’ – including the AIIC’s basic description formula
- Comprehensive practice exercises to hone your descriptive skills
- The Check In process
- How to handle tenants and situations effectively
- The do’s and don’t of inventory updates
- Check Out Basics
- The Check Out Inspection – identifying the danger areas room by room and how to spot ‘hidden’ damage
- The Check Out Report – including layouts and key information required on every report. What a check out report is, and what it isn’t
- Damage assessment – including compensation formulas for minor & major damage, lifespan limitations of items in and around the home, and when to tell the difference between tenants liability, landlords maintenance or fair wear and tear
- How to handle complaints
- Introduction to Tenant Deposit Scheme Guidelines
- The business of being an inventory clerk
Dates and Location of Future Course 7TH & 8TH OCTOBER 2017.
Should delegates be unable to attend a booked course, they are able to transfer onto the next available course date, or request a full refund up to 5 working days prior to the course start date by formally notifying the AIIC in writing via email.
We regret to advise that refunds cannot be provided for non attendance if 5 working days written notice has not been given.
We are not in any responsible for allergies or the food provided. (Food is provided.)